Physical Therapy and Rehab in Nanuet
I. INTRODUCTION to Physical Therapy in Nanuet
Physical Therapy has existed since time immemorial. It has been used for generations to alleviate pain or act as a mode of managing chronic pain. The pain is usually an effect of accidents or diseases.
Hence, Physical Therapy at Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet plays an integral role to complement other therapeutic procedures which assist patients in recovering as fast as possible. The ability of Physical Therapy to work with various other curative interventions has increased success rates of recovery for some very chronic conditions such as stroke, injuries and cardio-related conditions.
This intervention is spearheaded by physical therapists who are accredited caregivers, focusing on the physical exercises and procedures to actualize therapeutic aims. A physical therapist’s job is not limited to specific levels of treatment like other medical professionals. Physical Therapy at Hudson Health & Spine takes part in all levels of treatment which begins from initial diagnosis and prevention to tertiary care.
It is evident that Physical Therapy works by itself to correct physical deformities in the body and help in the management of pain. However, it can also work with other forms of treatment to make those therapeutic interventions successful.
II. FUNCTIONS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
Physical therapy is a treatment that a physical therapist and/or physician can recommend to a patient, or it can be a decision a patient can take personally after analyzing their symptoms.
The processes that take place at Physical Therapy at Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet includes:
- Patients will undergo an evaluation for physical therapy first. Evaluations are important when understanding the conditions, symptoms and functional activity levels of each individual.
The physical activities can vary from simple workouts to very complicated and taxing physical exercises which are meant to help with restoring function and muscle tissues. The activities are aimed at the affected area to expedite the recovery process.
- After the evaluation, a physical therapist will discuss with the patient about the intended plan of care. The treatment plan is always personalized to patients’ medical histories and their levels of physical endurance, level of functional activity, and their goals for care.
- The physical therapist at Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet also recommends a self-management plan: a home exercise program so that a patient can take care of themselves anywhere, regardless of the presence or absence of a physical therapist.
III. ADVANTAGES OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
Alleviates Pain, Restores Functional Movement
Pain is the main reason why many people seek health intervention. If it is chronic pain and its roots cannot be explained, the pain may become more unbearable.
Therefore, physical therapy sessions play a vital role in decreasing pain, regaining joint movements, and increasing muscles flexibility to regenerate and restore the body to its previous or almost to its previous form. A full recovery brings liberation from bouts of pain, and the ability to manage health afterwards.
Provides an Alternative Treatment Before Going for Surgery
Surgery is unpredictable procedure. If there are other alternative treatment measures, they should be considered first. Surgery should be the last option should the other forms of treatment fail at providing necessary alleviation of pain.
Athletes are prone to getting injuries due to the physical demands of their profession. An injury can occur anywhere, from the training field to competitive matches. Taking care of injuries quickly and sufficiently with physical therapy will give the athlete a better chance at returning to their sport without lasting issues. A consistent physical therapy regime with the help of Physical Therapy at Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet helps in keeping athletes in shape and ready to take on the demands of their sport.
IV. TYPES OF PHYSICAL THERAPY AT HUDSON HEALTH & SPINE
Physical therapy works with other various treatment plans to help patients recover.
Orthopedic Physical therapy is used to enhance the functions of the musculoskeletal structure from the effects of injuries and diseases. It can help in the rehabilitation process after surgery, strain, sprains, fractures, or overuse injuries. The joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments are candidates for this type of therapy.
Neurological physical therapy helps deal with injuries that affect the nervous system which includes the nervous structure and the brain. It seeks to facilitate Neuroplasticity to regenerate body movement, function and balance. It is a vital treatment for neurological diseases such as stroke, paralysis, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
Functional Exercises For patients who have been immobilized or who lack flexibility, strength, or endurance. Physical therapy helps encourage patients to use their muscles to increase their flexibility and range of motion. More advanced exercises focus on improving strength, balance, coordination, and endurance. The goal is to improve how an individual function at work and at home.
Soft tissue mobilization
Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
General weakness strengthening
Posture and Ergonomic Education
Mechanical decompression for spinal decompression
Electrical Muscle Stimulation: Electrical Muscle Stimulation is an exceptional way to help the body in the healing process. This is accomplished by sending a very small electrical current into the affected soft tissue injury or muscle spasm. This therapy utilizes the current to help reduce pain, decrease swelling and release trigger points.
This is a great therapy if there is a spasm in the body, such as a back or neck muscle spasm. It relaxes the muscle and decreases pain, while stimulating microcirculation.
Ultrasound: Ultrasound is a therapy that is utilized to handle acute injuries related to joints, muscle spasms, as well as most soft tissues. This treatment is not the same as ultrasound utilized to see within the body. This type of ultrasound creates small sound waves and facilitates the body's healing process in addition to decreasing scar tissue formation.
V. CONDITIONS THAT PHYSICAL THERAPY AT HUDSON HEALTH & SPINE IN NANUET CAN HELP
Physical therapy helps restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Physical therapy or "medically directed rehab" helps restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health.
- Back: Back pain, arthritis, herniated disc, bulging disc, sciatic pain, stenosis, post spine surgery rehabilitation, muscle strain, ligament sprain etc.
- Neck: Neck pain, arthritis, herniated disc, bulging disc, stenosis, post cervical spine surgery rehabilitation, muscle strain, ligament sprain, etc.
- Shoulder: Shoulder pain, rotator cuff tear, joint replacement rehabilitation, rotator cuff repair surgery rehabilitation, tendon/ligament repair rehabilitation, arthritis, tendinitis, muscle strain, ligament sprain etc.
- Elbow: Elbow pain, tennis elbow, golf elbow, nerve entrapment, post-surgery rehabilitation
- Wrist/hand: Wrist pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, trigger finger, post-surgery rehabilitation, etc.
- Hip: Hip pain, replacement surgery rehabilitation, labrum repair surgery rehabilitation, ligament repair surgery rehabilitation, arthroplasty surgery, arthritis, muscle strain, ligament sprain, etc.
- Knee: Knee pain, joint replacement surgery rehabilitation, meniscus repair surgery rehabilitation, ligament repair rehabilitation, arthroplasty surgery, arthritis, muscle strain, ligament sprain and etc.
- Ankle / Foot pain: Plantar fasciitis, post-surgery rehabilitation, muscle strain, ligament sprain and etc.
- Sports injuries: Torn ACL, torn meniscus, muscle spasm, shoulder pain, back pain, ankle pain, sprains, strains, etc.
- Parkinson’s disease: Difficulty walking, instability, overactive or underactive muscles, paralysis, weakened muscles, difficult coordination, stiff muscles, etc.
- Post Cerebrovascular accident (Stroke) rehabilitation: Difficulty walking, instability, overactive or underactive muscles, paralysis, weakened muscles, difficult coordination, stiff muscles, ect.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): Pain, cramping, difficulty walking, muscle rigidity, difficult coordination, stiff muscles, overactive reflexes etc.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ): Grinding, mouth pain, joint popping, tenderness, headaches, etc.
- Unsteadiness on feet: Frequent falls, poor balance, musculoskeletal weakness, stabilization issues, etc.
- General weakness post hospitalization or procedure: Weakness in muscles, pain, stiffness, soreness, etc.
Physical Therapy is essential in maintaining and enhancing people's fitness. It should not only be a rehabilitative measure, but it should also be used as a preventive measure for keeping away diseases and injuries.
HOW PHYSICAL THERAPY WORKS AT HUDSON HEALTH & SPINE
Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet NY was designed to provide an ideal environment for healing your body, through chiropractic or physical therapy. When you arrive at Hudson Health & Spine, our physical therapist will take a thorough history and evaluation of the entire body including posture, biomechanics, range of motion and joint mobility to find out the cause of pain or disability. You will then discuss treatment options and goals, so that we can customize a treatment plan catered to you.
Each session will last roughly one hour. The frequency of visits and the length of treatment is determined by the physician who prescribed the treatment.
The results are tied to the patient’s commitment. When the patient follows the plan, does their exercises as often as suggested, and uses the proper techniques, the treatment is typically very successful.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
It is a good idea to arrive at your physical therapy appointment properly dressed. It is best that you wear snug comfortable clothing that doesn't restrict your movement. Bring your insurance card, a form of identification, the prescription that your physician gave you (if you have it), and if needed, monetary necessity for copayment.
Call Hudson Health & Spine in Nanuet today to schedule an appointment!
9:00am - 7:00pm
2:00pm - 7:00pm
9:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm